ACT: GDPR Training
More extensive in scope and application than the current Data Protection Act (DPA), the EU GDPR extends the data rights of individuals, and requires business to develop clear policies and procedures to protect personal data, and adopt appropriate technical and procedural measures. UK Companies have until May 2018 to comply with the new law, or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater. ACT is ST2 Technology’s GDPR Compliance consultancy package which ensures that companies are GDPR compliant, and remain so. It offers a portfolio of consultancy and technology tools, as well as post programme support. ST2 also offers clients GDPR Training as part of this portfolio.
To gain a comprehensive introduction to the GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and requirements for industry in this one-day on site GDPR Foundation training course. The course is designed to prepare those who wish to go on to achieve full GDPR
accreditation and achieve the EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification (ISO 17024-accredited). A mock examination is included in course.
Delivered by an experienced data privacy practitioner and GDPR consultant, this training course is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising businesses on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001, and our acknowledged domain expertise as Data Privacy Champions.
What will you learn on this Training Course?
- Essential General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) background and terminology
- The six data privacy principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data privacy by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data privacy impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data privacy officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Recommended steps to implementation
Who should attend this course?
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their business.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data privacy managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Finance, HR or marketing managers
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data privacy regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with professional training.
The Cost of the Course: The cost of the foundational training course is £2600 per class of Six. We offer a one day online course tailored to your organisation, unlimited users complete with examination at £16,250.